|“||If only we can continue Rika and V's aspirations||”|
—Jumin Han, Comment from RFA Orientation Guidebook
Jumin Han is one of the Deep Story characters available in Mystic Messenger. He is the son of a wealthy family and the heir of the C&R International company. He is always on business trips and only talks about work or mature topics, which is why he doesn't know about youth slang or commoner food. Jumin loves to talk about his cat, Elizabeth 3rd, and how beautiful she is. However, no matter how wealthy he may be, he hates gold-diggers and the girlfriends of his father.
Jumin is a quiet, serious and cautious man who prefers to act mature. Despite this, he is interested in young slang and loves to talk about cats, especially his own, Elizabeth 3rd. In fact, in his own way, his general cadence will give off that of a child's. He also enjoys teasing Zen about his cat allergy in the chat room. He is often surrounded by rumors concerning his sexuality because of his complete lack of interest in women, leading the press and other members of the RFA to tease him for possibly being gay. He views situations objectively, and wants others to be like him. He is a workaholic, which is shown through how he works Jaehee Kang to the bone and is often until night at the office. Jumin disregards others' opinions of him, so he lives his life how he thinks is right.
Jumin does not care for relationships because he thinks it isn't worth it, preferring to focus on his work and cat instead. This gives him the impression to others of a cold man or even a robot. He also keeps his work relationships strictly professional, believing that his employees will do anything as long as they are paid to. As Jumin has a high status, he lives luxuriously, but he hates people that only like him for his money. Jumin has his own sense of humor which the most RFA members do not understand, and at most times, isn't very funny but he doesn't care. Despite of his cold and objective perspective, Jumin treasures the members of RFA so much that when needed, he would use his authority to help them without hesitation.
Jumin is a tall, young man with a slim body. He is 184 cm (6' 0") tall and he weighs 78 kg (171.9 pounds). He has messy black hair that has a slight brown hue in some pictures. He has the same hairstyle that you would typically see an ahoge have. He has sharp grey eyes. He also has a very pale complexion. He is often seen wearing his formal suit even when he is in his penthouse. It consists of a striped long white shirt, a black vest, jacket, tie, pants and shoes. On his right chest on the suit is a little pocket with a violet handkerchief.
In the Normal Ending, Jumin is seen wearing his casual attire which consists of a long white shirt covered by a tan sweater, an open dark blue jacket and long black pants which he used to wear when he was the Director of C&R.
In the After Ending, Jumin is seen with slicked back hair (With a slight greyish streak) and his usual attire with his jacket unbuttoned. But the tie is dark red and not black as always, Jumin wears sunglasses too.
At the party, Jumin is seen wearing a formal suit, which is more dark blue. He is wearing a white long shirt and white gloves.
Jumin grew up in luxury. He is one of the current directors of C&R, a massive conglomerate that appears to have businesses in multiple areas (from wine that cats can drink to coffee shops), although it is said in one of the chats that they are currently attempting to expand globally. Due to his very privileged upbringing, Jumin has a very different perspective on the world, which often brings him into direct conflict with Zen. Regardless, he doesn't particularly seem to care what others think about him. He works hard as a member of the RFA and as a Director of C&R, even to the point that Jaehee admits that Jumin works harder than she does.
Jumin also has a very positive relationship with his father, Chairman Han, with the two often exchanging expensive gifts. However, Chairman Han is a womanizer, and as a child Jumin was subjected to a revolving door of women in his life. Chairman Han divorced his mother and remarried his step-mother, who he is now separated from. At the start of the game, Chairman Han has just entered into a relationship with Glam Choi, and has announced his plans to divorce his second wife and remarry for a third time. Jumin is skeptical of Glam's intentions; due to his aloof and logical nature, Jumin was able to see that the women in his father's life were simply using him for his vast wealth. He also fears for the fate of the company, as his father's womanizing ways could cause their stocks to plummet. As such, Jumin has developed a natural distrust for women.
In Deep Story, Jumin mentions that he is Christian, as he grew up in a Christian neighborhood. Despite this, in Jaehee's route, Jumin is stated to not believe in god.
Throughout this route, Jumin will struggle significantly with his emotions and thoughts. Having never truly experienced a relationship, and having suppressed his feelings for the sake of efficiency, his sudden interest in the protagonist sends him into a tailspin.
With Sarah doing whatever she could to win Jumin's affections, as well as Zen's premonition, Jumin becomes exceedingly paranoid, afraid that she and Glam will kidnap his beloved cat, Elizabeth 3rd. This leads to Jumin locking his pet in a large cage. Seven originally suggests the protagonist visit him because of his inability to work after becoming paranoid about Elizabeth 3rd's well-being and Jaehee arranges for the protagonist to be sent to his penthouse.
When the protagonist is put in danger by the appearance of the mysterious hacker, Jumin has her live with him in his suite. However, her visit soon becomes more like a prison sentence as Jumin forbids her from leaving his apartment for her own safety.
His paranoia is only aggravated after Elizabeth 3rd manages to escape and disappear. Jumin comes to the conclusion that he was really just projecting his unrequited feelings for Rika onto Elizabeth 3rd, and with his cat's disappearance he can now direct his efforts to something else. He expresses affection towards the protagonist, but so many emotions jumbled up inside him, that he ended up seemingly obsessive. He plans on keeping her with him until the hacker issue and Glam Choi's scheme has been resolved, to ensure her safety.
Jumin and Jaehee have a professional relationship, although a bit strained. Jumin does not hesitate to often say blunt, and rather hurtful things to Jaehee, such as stating he's tired of hearing her voice, and straight out saying he doesn't care about her health or well being. She is also the one tasked to watch over Elizabeth 3rd when Jumin is out of the country, much to Jaehee's displeasure. Jaehee does show a bit of respect to Jumin regardless, whether or not this is voluntary or her forcing herself to be respectful for the sake of her job is up for debate. Jumin tells Jaehee to do many things that go beyond her role as an assistant (leading a presentation, looking over Jumin's cat, etc.) Jumin has a deep trust in Jaehee. The two know a lot about each other due to being side by side for many hours of the day.
Zen says he hates Jumin, whom he often refers to as "Mr. Trust Fund Kid". Jumin takes great pleasure in teasing and making snide remarks about Zen, much to his annoyance. Most of the hatred seems to stem from Jumin's luxurious lifestyle, and cats, specifically Elizabeth 3rd, Jumin's cat, and of which Zen cannot stand to hear about or even see a photo who, due to his severe allergy to cat hair, going so far as to go into a sneezing fit off of one picture.
Jumin and V are childhood friends, having grown up in the same neighborhood. V was also the one who gave and named Jumin's prized cat, Elizabeth 3rd. Jumin respects and trusts V immensely, as evidenced by his willingness to treat the MC as a fellow RFA member off V's trust alone. This trust is also shown by his reactions during the end of 707's route, after V announced his departure of the RFA and went into hiding. Jumin was the only RFA member to still trust and believe in V, despite everyone else distrusting V as a result of V refusing to reveal his secrets.
He's distant with Yoosung, but is willing to help him (perhaps on account that Rika and V were/are both fond of Yoosung). He previously offered Yoosung an internship at his company, and has stated he will not withdraw his offer, even after Yoosung neglected his studies.
707He does not interact with 707 much, but appears to acknowledge his skills. He also tries to find ways and means to avoid 707 from coming to his penthouse or giving Elizabeth 3rd to him, fearing that 707 might abuse Elizabeth 3rd in some way.
RikaJumin seems to have respect and trust for Rika, showing surprise after hearing that Rika ordered Seven to implant a bomb in her apartment. He feels that Rika can see his true self when she looks at him. It also seems that Jumin's feelings for Rika ran a bit deeper than friendship, as throughout his route he constantly states that Rika was never supposed to be his.
His father, whom he shares a mutual relationship with. Jumin has stated that he hates his father's womanizing ways and women he dates, but still loves father.
He found Lisa and saved her from his gardener, who was trying to chase her away, and brought her inside. He states to the RFA members he's not keeping her, and attempts to give her to the other members. It's revealed in Yoosung's after ending he convincedYoosung to keep her.
Jumin loves Elizabeth 3rd and doesn't want Seven near her. He always tends to talk about her, no matter who's listening. Jumin spoils the cat and loves her very much. He never leaves her alone, which tends to irritate her, though she loves her owner.
The spaceship reveals
- Due to his background, Jumin doesn't know a lot about commoner food.
- His cat, Elizabeth 3rd, is a Persian cat.
- She was a gift from Rika and V to Jumin so that he doesn't feel lonely.
- Her name was given to her by V.
- The story behind her naming in real life is that one of Cheritz' staff found a cat and gave her for an adoption. The owner apparently gave her the name Elizabeth so that she will live like a queen.
- Jumin's nickname is Cat Mom, and 707's nickname is Cat Dad.
- (Unless you are playing his route) Jumin does not have much interest in dating.
- Jumin believes the only women who are by his side are Jaehee and Elizabeth the 3rd.
- Jaehee's procedure in cheering up Jumin whenever he is stressed or upset is complimenting Elizabeth the 3rd. Jaehee states that this is a successful way in lifting up his mood.
- Jumin is horrible at driving.
- This is because Jumin is used to being driven around by his driver, Driver Kim.
- His phone number is +82)010-8125-(#@)
- According to the RFA Orientation Guidebook:
- His email is firstname.lastname@example.org
- His special talents include golf and foreign languages.
- He likes wine, cheese, and tea, and dislikes nothing in particular.
- He likes women who don't approach him for his background and whose environment can be controlled by him - hence why he likes cats.
- He likes symmetrical patterns and striped patterns.
- He desires nothing; perhaps due to his wealth.
- His most used app is the phone
- His favorite quote is: "You must appeal to the profits rather than your intelligence in order to persuade someone."
- He has a habit of drinking wine regardless of the time and place whenever he is stressed.
- If he had a job unaffiliated with C&R, he would be managing his own company.
- For a first date, he would like to buy an uninhabited island and spend some alone time together. Overall he would like to be alone with his date.
- If he had to give his date a gift, he would like to gift her a choker with a pink diamond and place it on her himself or a pair of pretty heels.
- He also worries about the Asian superstition that should a person gift a pair of shoes to someone, the receiver would walkout of the gifter's life.
- With women, he has no preference in looks, but he wants them to be polite and punctual.
- His preferred outfit is three piece suit.
- He prefers pinstriped suits and says that diagonals make him anxious.
- He got a book from Rika which he should read if he can't sleep.
- He stated that he hasn't finished it, and won't because it was her last gift.
- Jumin is not very savvy with technology, evidenced due to his lack of knowledge in the "who's there" feature in the messenger chat, and the fact he does not know how to work a vending machine, as stated by Jaehee.
- There is an error in Jumin's height. In the initial English translation, he is stated to be 183 cm whereas in the Korean version he is 184 cm.
- Even though Jumin is not savvy with technology, he has a Grey Station and a Zet Box which are very likely based on the Play Station and the Xbox.
- He doesn't like slaves.
- His official title at C&R International is Project Director
- In the Korean version, the RFA members tease him by calling him a wizard (based on the internet meme that says that if one remains a virgin until they turn 30, they can gain magical powers).
- In the Valentine's Day After Ending, Jumin is noted to have the most recent edition of the Urban Dictionary and a "Book of Black Magic", and all of his volumes of Expert Playboy have been given to Yoosung.
- Zen states Jumin is Chairman Han's eldest son, implying that he has younger siblings and most likely half-siblings.
- Jumin states he knows a lot about wine but he doesn't really like to drink alcohol.
- Through text messages with Jaehee, Jumin is said to not like sweets.
- He has broken the fourth wall by telling MC, "Don't play the game too late, (name)".
- Jumin has stated that he attended a university overseas/abroad.
- In a phone call, Jumin reveals that the last time he spoke with his mother was two years ago and that she is currently traveling the world.
- Jumin is mentioned to have been an executive of C&R International for 4 years.
- Jumin states that he has 3 farms he visists regular; a cherry farm, a grape farm, and a small weekend farm in his private garden. His cherry farm used to be a strawberry farm, until he ordered the changed 2 years ago.
- Jumin states that he owns a helicopter and a private jet that are based in Seoul as well as multiple boats that are docked at the Han River in Busan.